Saturday, February 6, 2010

8 months old!

David has a deep fear of and facination with the vaccuum.  I am not allowed to use it unless I am holding him on my hip.  When he is safely perched in the crook of my arm he likes to watch it roar back and forth and has a limitless attention span for that activity.  However, his fascinated stare makes him go curiously limp so that he loses all power to hold on to me.  This means that vaccuuming is also a weight lifting activity as I hold the "no bones" boy in one arm and roll the vaccuum with the other.  My favorite part is that when the vaccuum is turned off (even temporarily), he is perfectly able to hold on and his balance is restored.

Good news is that he now tolerates the carrier--however, I am too short to use it.  Davy's head ends up hitting my nose so only Stephen can wear it.
He has a new carpenter's bench that he loves to play with...however some of the fun phrases are a little peculiar, "I see a circle, a circle red and round,  I'm going to POUND IT DOWN!" Yikes!


What should you do if your baby is cold and you are too lazy to change his clothes?

Sock-boy! 

Indoctrinating him young...

2 comments:

Kim said...

That's so funny how David reacts to the vacuum! =0)

Derek and Claire said...

Cute pics! Jason still hates the vacuum. He is too heavy to hold and vacuum (plus he wiggles like he has ants in his pants), he screams his head off if I put him down, and I never vacuum when he is sleeping cause I don't want to wake him up. Our floors are really dirty.