Friday, May 31, 2013

House and graduation

Goodbye med school, hello Residency. It's a little sad to see our student years behind us; they have been so fun.  But, I've heard income is nice too. I am also blocking out every person who jokes that I will never see my husband again after he starts residency. Congrats Stephen!


We also moved to our first house.  We decided to buy and only looked for three days for a place to live.  We saw this house for an hour in the middle of winter.  Moving in at the end of spring with everything green and gorgeous has been so fun. It has turned out to be beautiful neighborhood and a great home. 


Moving day tired everyone out.  Stephen and I walked around with weak and useless arms the next day.  Seriously--making toast was a struggle.  But then we recovered and set everything up in a flurry.  Thanks to Marci and Ralph-we couldn't have moved without your help with the kiddos.  
 I asked Davy to take a picture of me and Steve and the house--the grass is nice too. 

The backyard is patrolled and enjoyed by Superman.  The yard has been our favorite part.  It is so nice to just hear the birds chirping with no traffic sounds.  We also like that homeless men no longer pee in our backyard--a major issue at our apartment. 


House tour:


3 comments:

Marci said...

Great job on the house tour! It looks beautiful and I just can't get over that incredible backyard! I am glad Superman is keeping it safe. What a treat it was to be there! - Love, Marci

Aaron said...

I like your house, Glori! Your boys must love the back yard. Congrats to Stephen for graduating from medical school! It was fun chatting with you the other day.

Kim

Marie said...

I'm so jealous of your new house! good luck in residency!