Thursday, September 12, 2013

3 posts in one and the start of school

Summer was wearing a little long in our house, and this seemed to be a typical day for us.  No pants, big mess, jumping all over the house. We all started school and it is so nice to have structure in our home again.  
Davy has been so excited to start preschool.  He is going to a nearby church twice a week.  His teacher's name is Mrs. Blessing.  When I asked him if he thought his teacher would be nice he said, "of course, she has a nice name!" He loves it.



Mom made me this beehive poster when she came to visit.  Dad made me a pvc pipe flower holder.  They need to come visit again soon.
I made bees for each of the kids to fly to their beehives to start preschool.  Here are my little bees.
My little busy bees.   They are all pretty young, but so far it is working out.

Davy loves to take pictures.  I usually have to delete 200 photos every time I sync the camera, most of them are like this:

Sometimes he gets he takes nice ones...
And sometimes not so nice ones...
Stephen's schedule just changed and he has more time again.  Instead of getting home at 10:00-11:00 he is now occasionally seeing the boys.  We have even had a few weekend adventures.  Yay for autopsies!  The only downside to autopsy rotation are the blood splattered notes he brings home. (He tells me, "oh, don't worry they are in plastic"), and the "tell me how your day was" conversation is a lot more gruesome than usual.

We went to the nature preserve together, Davy loves to watch the deer and birds out the window, we even spotted a woodpecker.
 Danny communes with the fish.

 My other favorite outing was to Arizona World!  A mini-golf land dedicated to Arizona.  It is probably the least politically correct place I have ever been. Davy took the pictures.
My favorite hole was the giant red indian.  The hole is his nose.  However, it was cheap mini-golf so we might be back.  And the 30 foot rattlesnakes were pretty cool.

4 comments:

Derek and Claire said...

Your guys are so funny. I don't think Jason wore clothes all summer either. He's an underwear kind of guy. That beehive poster and the bees area adorable. How random to have an Arizona mini golf. Did it make you miss home? I can't wait to hear how preschool goes.

Marci said...

I just love the humor! Laughed out loud at the positive side of autopsies! Also at the mini golf land. Who needs political correctness! The bee theme is so cute and the pictures are wonderful. If I was a toddler, I would want to go to school at your house!

Laura and Bobby said...

I can totally relate to the first picture! If Matthew was older and we lived closer I would send him to your house for school. Looks so cute!

rreese said...

Kemosabe say, "Miniature golf is game of my people.
"