Wednesday, September 12, 2012



Today is the first day the whole house has been simultaneously clean since Danny was born.  That of course meant that dinner was not made and Davy watched Sense and Sensibility wearing only his snow boots.  We have been recording some of our favorite Davy lines recently, these have made the list this week.


At lunch:  "You rolled up my ham?  You are PERFECT!"
At the Zoo:  "A zebra!  We must be at the end of the zoo!" (alphabetically speaking, yes.)
In response to What are you afraid of?: "I think I'll pick robots, and tornado sirens, and maybe thunder. but mostly robots."

We have a ton of tornado warnings here and live quite close to the siren.  Every time it goes off we end up spending 30 minutes under a blanket together.  If I say, "I think it is all over" he will say, "I think we should wait one more minute, just to make sure".

He also talks all the time about Blinklochs, a creature that has become his arch enemy.  In case you are unfamiliar with Blinklochs Davy can describe them for you.

-they are really big
-so many eyes
-super many legs
-they eat puppies
-they wear big clothes
-they don't have ears either
-they eat just puppies




 Turtle Park

We also love our little Danny.  He likes to drift off to sleep right around midnight, which lines up with my ideal bedtime too.  Unfortunately, he likes to wake up at 2 and 5 and then 6 for good, which he makes up for with plenty of napping during the day.  I have been spending a lot of time suggesting any game that involves lying on the floor.

4 comments:

Alex said...

Fun post, Glori. I invent lots of games that involve lying on he floor, too. Miss you guys.

Derek and Claire said...

That was the funniest post ever! I love the description of the blinklochs. Your boys are both so cute. Why is it called turtle park? Miss you!

Matthew and Katherine Kerr said...

Your boys are too cute! I hope my baby is as good as Danny! I love the picture of Davy wearing the Snugli with a stuffed animal in it! So cute!

Marci said...

I love this post! Pictures are so fun to look at and thank you for taking the time to describe so well what your beautiful boys are up to. I would have to agree with David's top 3 fear items. Glori, you look so pretty in that picture.