Thursday, October 18, 2012

The leaves are beginning to change and the weather is perfect out this week.  We went to the botanical gardens down the street to feed these guys:
The goal is to drop it into their gaping mouths before the ducks can swim over and steal it.

 Davy is learning to play board games and it has been really nice to play a game with a defined goal and winner. We play a game we made up called "take away" with Rummikub maybe four times a day.  You fill up the holder randomly with tiles and call out which number you should both throw back into the box.  The one out of tiles first is the winner.  Sometimes it is the excitement highpoint in my day.

He has also stopped taking naps but still gets pretty tired in the afternoons.  One day this week he came to play right next to me as I was doing the dishes. We were chatting and I left for just a minute to find a completely still and softly snoring blanket.  He slept like this for an hour and a half.
 We carved pumpkins a little early because Stephen is going out of town for the next couple of weekends.  It has been really fun to decorate with Davy; we put up spooky bats and spooky spiders.
Danny is still a joyful baby.  
It has been fun to compare photos with Davy's baby pictures.

     Danny
Davy
Danny
Davy

Future baby names we are considering:  Donny, Dewy, and Dory if its a girl.

5 comments:

Kim said...

Davy looked a lot like Danny when he was the same age. Such cute boys! Nice job decorating for Halloween...I am impressed with the pumpkins.

Laura and Bobby said...

Danny looks so much like Davy as a baby! Cute boys and cute decorations

Derek and Claire said...

I love this post! I cannot get over how much your boys look alike! It is amazing. I love your halloween decorations! You are so creative. It is so cute that Davy passed out by the dishwasher. I wish I could just drop like a rock wherever I am and take a nap sometimes!

Marci said...

Glori--you are an amazing photographer. I mean you could win contests amazing! Love all the pics and cute comments--your handsome boys look so much alike!

Matthew and Katherine Kerr said...

I love the future names! Especially Dory! I can't believe how much Davy and Danny look alike! If you have twins, you'll never be able to tell them apart!